Saturday, July 17, 2010

India Update

My short time here (1 month) in the Indian State of Tamil Nadu is coming to a close. On Sunday night Jerome and I will be boarding a bus in Trichy, the closest town to his home, a head back to Chennai. Click here for a complimentary Google map of this route.

This afternoon (Saturday), Jerome and I went to Tanjore (Thanjavur) to see some of the sites. While I had about had my fill of Hindu Temples, the Brihadeeswarar Temple was unique and definitely worth the bumpy bus ride. But first a flower. . .


Me with Nandi (Sacred Bull)








You probably cannot tell from the photos, but this temple was much taller than the typical Vedic style temples, like the others I have visited. I was amazed to learn the temple's height is one-half its length, to within a few centemeters! Its hard to believe it was built 1000 years ago!

1 comment:

Followers